Method and Apparatus to Automatically Update Calendar Events based on Real-time Tele-Conference
Original Publication Date: 2009-May-27
Included in the Prior Art Database: 2009-May-27
AbstractThe disclosure provides a mechanism and system for conference call owner to record the attendees participating status and update the conference call owner’s calendar automatically just-in-time after the meeting is done.
Method and Apparatus to Automatically Update Calendar Events based on Real -
This approach is to put a device in the middle of the existing CONFERENCE.CALL.SERVER and the CALENDARSERVER, as shown in Figure 1.
System of Automatically Update Calendar Events based on Tele-Conference
Figure 1: System to automatically update calendar events based on telelconference
It performs its action in five steps:
1) Extract the invitees' information of the calendarevent from the CALENDAR SERVER.
2) Timely extract attendees' call-in number from CONFERENCE CALL.SERVER.
3) Retrieve attendees' personal information from PERSONNEL REGISTRY SERVER.
4) Process the invitees' status with the attendees' list.
5) Update the Calendar Event with the processed invitees' information.
Below is the diagram to depict the apparatus and system to embody the above steps:
System of Automatically Update Calendar Events based on
Extract Attendees' Call-in Number
Invitees' Information of Calendar Events
Retrieve Attendees Information
Figure 2: Details of the system to automatically update calendar events based on...