Synchronization framework for version controlled & non version controlled test management system
Original Publication Date: 2009-Sep-14
Included in the Prior Art Database: 2009-Sep-14
Disclosed is a system for synchronizing version controlled and non-version controlled test management systems
Synchronization framework for version controlled
&& non version controlled test management system
non version controlled test management system
Current commonly adopted TMS (Test Management System) includes version controlled TMS and non-version controlled TMS, and version controlled and non-version controlled TMS have their pains and benefits.
- For version controlled TMS, it's easy for user to track all the changes to a document and do comparisons.
- For non-version controlled TMS, it's ease-to-use to end users without any know ledges around version control and related manipulation guideline
Regarding the end user of non-version controlled TMS, they're used to work on non-version controlled TMS, but it's a pain for them to track the changes of each document.
So there is a requirement for the end users with non-version controlled TMS:
They still work on non-version controlled TMS, but in the other end there's a version controlled TMS which recording the changes of each document, if the end user of non-version controlled TMS has a request to check out the different revision of the document, the version controlled TMS in the other end will serve it.
The whole synchronization framework architecture will be:
To serve the requirement of synchronizing two TMS, the synchronization framework should have four features:
1. TMS registration to Registry and Repository
All version controlled
& non-version controlled TMS which need synchronize with each other should register to a sync center, the sync center has below two parts:
1) Registry: Each TMS has an entry in registry, the entry refers the TMS configuration file in associated repository, after the 2 TMS registered in the sync center, a role will be assigned to each TMS, and the two roles are: master TMS and slave TMS;
Along with registration, 5 modules registered in repository for this TMS.
Monitor module, Import/Export Module,
File Transform Broker, Synchronization agent, Test Case Doc Template.
2. Peer to Peer binding configuration & agent installation
1) To synchronize the different TMS registered in the registry, configuration to bind the information of the 2 different TMS should be done firstly;
2) Master/slave agents will be generated automatically, the File transform Broker & Synchronize agent code should be completed for both master & slave sync agents;
After agents are installed,
master agent sends confirmation to sync center, mark the binding work status to active, transaction mo...