The plug-in mechanism with generic interfaces faclitating punch-out style payment integration in eCommerce application
Publication Date: 2010-Aug-11
The IP.com Prior Art Database
Punch-out style payment is the popular payment processing flow in current eCommerce Websites, that is, when shopper purchases in an eCommerce Website, the shopper needs not input any payment information in the eCommerce Website, instead, the shopper will be poped up or redirected to the Website of the third party payment service provider, input payment information and complete payment there. After the third party payment service provider successfully processes the payment, then it will call back to the eCommerce application to update the payment status.
-in mechanism with generic interfaces faclitating punch
in mechanism with generic interfaces faclitating punch -
-out style payment integration in eCommerce
out style payment integration in eCommerce
Usually the punch-out payment processing flow includes the following five core interactions between the eCommerce application and the
third party payment service provider :
1. eCommerce application to call the service of payment service provider to get the token of the payment transaction (s) of current order.
2. eCommerce application to build the URL /HTML FORM and then popup /redirect the shopper to the Website of payment service provider to
complete payment there.
3. Payment service provider to call back to eCommerce application to notify the payment processing status .
4. eCommerce application interacts with payment service provider to authenticate the notification of payment processing status update .
5. eCommerce application update the order /payment status accordingly and notify the shopper with the up -to-date status.
And the 5 interactions above are not mandatory for any of the punch -out payment processing flow . In some cases, some are optional while
others are mandatory.
As described in section 2, there are mainly three kinds of punch -out style payment processing flows in the market :
1. Popup after order confirmation .
2. Redirect during order submission .
3. Pre-punch-out before order submission .
We introduce a plug-in between the payment processing component of the eCommerce application and thepayment service provider , where four
generic APIs are provided . In the payment processing business logic , we calls the corresponding APIsof the plug -in according to the
configuration for the specific payment service provider .
A, B, C, D are the four generic interfaces of the plug -in between eCommerce application and payment service provider . A -- Call payment service provideer to get token of the payment transaction (s) of current order.
B -- Build the punch-out URL to the payment service provider .
C -- Authenticate notification from payment service provider .
D -- Query payment status without receiving payment...