Situations exchanger system for effective on-line communication
Publication Date: 2010-Oct-26
The IP.com Prior Art Database
Situations exchanger for effective interpersonal communications using an on line messaging system
Page 01 of 5
Situations exchanger system for effective on -line communication
Disclosed is a system that allows a better communication in an on line messaging system.
Effectively interact with others around the world is not easy: it requires the ability to adapt and share ideas without misunderstandings. Interpersonal communications using an on line messaging system present the following additional difficulties establishing communication with an unknown party:
· inability to observe facial expressions and body languages
· inability to hear voice intonation
· online interaction's quickness
In such scenario it becomes important, but difficult, to take cure of the
sensibility of the receiver in relation to his/her culture or to his/her emotional state in a particular moment. A sort of inter-cultural communication protocol that takes in consideration the cultural diversities should facilitate and improve effective communication.
The invention provides a system in which:
The sender doesn't need to worry about the receiver (a manager, a peer, a colleague of different nationality, a man, a woman and so on) because all the conversation is converted according to the receiver wishes. So the sender can use the messenger system in a quicker and more effective way.
It can be implemented by introducing the concept of "situation". A situation is a generic ID that defines a communication context.
Users can decide to communicate "by situations": in this case, the communication will be based on an exchange of situations instead of free text chat. The main properties of this new type of communication:
· Each situation has a public section (the ID) and a private section (private message)
· Each message is associated to a situation
· Each message can be customized differently by each user and so is different for each user.
· The emotional "status" and the customization of the situations from the receiver are private to the receiver.
If a user A wants to communicate with user B, he chooses a situation ID. The agent, running at B site, maps the ID into the message that B has associated to this situation: therefore B receives the notification for a given situation exactly in his/her preferred way.
Page 02 of 5
(This page contains 00 pictures or other non-text object)
1) A wants to communicate to B: A doesn't know whether B prefers to be contacted formally or informally.
2) A is contacted by B but A is busy and wants to find a polite way to tell B he cannot answer at that time.
3) A is leaving the office and wants to notify in a polite way that he is leaving and cannot continue the conversation.
4) A is very busy and is willing to answer only to technical questions and avoid any other communication.
Some situations could be:
· "introduce myself"
· "technical question"
· "final greetings"
· . . .
Below we describe two possible scenarios of communication between two persons, Jim and Takeshi, havin...