Rating and recommendation of a place by the length of user's existence in the place
Publication Date: 2011-Aug-02
The IP.com Prior Art Database
Disclosed is a system which analyzes a user’s input to their social media application and data collected via a global positioning system (GPS) to determine the length of time the user spent at a place of interest or with a particular service, and then shares that information via the social network.
Page 01 of 3
Rating and recommendation of a place by the length of user 's existence in the place
People increasingly use mobile devices and social media as a means of locating information. There are many sites and channels for reviewing places of interest and their services before the user actually goes there and experiences them. A method is needed for a user to more quickly and easily find or communicate information about places of interest.
Relate prior art includes:
• Efficient inventory and information management. Systems, methods, and computer-readable media provide for efficient inventory and information management over a wireless network. A form customized for a specific retail store is received at a wireless data input device. The form is completed and a command to send the completed form to a remote... 
• Platform for mobile advertising and microtargeting of promotions. An end-to-end mobile advertising system characterizes user behavior (e.g., location, interaction with advertisements on a mobile communication device, etc.) in order to select micro-targeted advertisements. A marketplace platform handles the formatting required for presentation suitable for... 
The disclosed invention analyzes a user's input to their social media applications to determine the length of time the user spent at a place of interest or with a particular service, and then shares that information via the social network. This allows others to see the quality of services along with the amount of time others spend with various services; they can formulate a more accurate expectation or find an alternate place of interest before they actually visit.
The system collects and uses data from both global positioning services (GPS) and social media applications. Steps for implementing the system follow:
1. The System starts logging activity of user at a location by social media and GPS
2. The system logs time spent at a location
3. The system analyzes social media content by user fo...