System and Methods to manage data+program unit from a centralized remote location to disparate consumers
Publication Date: 2012-Oct-29
The IP.com Prior Art Database
AbstractAbstract: This work presents an appliance to help content creators deliver educational content easily and securely to their customers (Schools and Learners), and receive feedback. The software appliance eliminates installation and maintenance tasks, thereby allowing content creator and consumers to focus on e-learning content instead of software installation and compatibility issues. The necessary software, content and operating system are pre-wrapped into a USB appliance (other devices can also be used). The appliance tracks the usage of content by individual users, and supports the capability to annotate and provide feedback to video content. This feedback collected from end-users are planned to be used for future analysis and content improvement. This appliance is also envisioned to add capabilities of dynamic update, security and collaboration into the existing framework.
Page 01 of 3
System and Methods to manage data +program unit from a centralized remote location to disparate consumers
Technology is playing an important role in current educational system. Slide show, video clip, animation and picture are the tools which teachers use to teach students in classroom for better understanding. All of these education contents are provided by content creators, professors and teachers in the form of e-learning, online-courses, presentation, etc. Content creators are forced to know about the technology such as: security and privacy of their contents, methods to deliver the content, updating the content, getting feedback and tracking usage of the customer, and compatibility of hardware and software used by customers. These are necessary for content creators to take care, and therefore the cost for creating content also increases. One solution for the above mentioned problem is to have an integrated framework (i) providing security to the contents, (ii) controlling accesses and rights of customers, (iii) delivering contents to customers,
(iv) dynamically updating the new contents, (v) getting feedback and usage analysis of the customers for content creator to improve their contents, and (vi) having all necessary software to avoid software compatibility problems.
The educational contents which are delivered to customers (Schools and Learners) have five major issues to take care of.
1. Security: Content which is delivered to customers is Intellectual Property (IP) of creator. To protect IP, controlling usage and access to content, and securing content are necessary.
2. Delivery: Content creation and its usage happen in geographically apart region. To deliver content to customer effectively and securely is important.
3. Dynamic updates: Content does not need to be static. Information and content are changed and improved every day. Content creators want easily update mechanism and customers also expect up-to-dated contents.
4. Analytics: Feedback and personalization of customers are necessary for creator to improve the contents.
5. Live USB: To wrap up all necessary software, content and operating system together into a USB appliance is eliminating installation, maintenance and compatibility issues for creators and customers.
There exists specific solutions in all the above five categories but they are applicable for different scenarios, but there is no solution which integrates all these features together for educational. This appliance helps content creators focus on creating and improving e-learning contents instead of all the...