Pre-assembled modular HVAC unit for different cab platforms.
Publication Date: 2014-Mar-24
The IP.com Prior Art Database
AbstractPre-assembled HVAC unit (heat exchangers, blower(s), duct work, etc.) as a modular concept which fits into different cab platforms.
P22428 - Pre-assembled modular HVAC unit for different ca platforms
Pre-assembled HVAC unit (heat exchangers, blower(s), duct work, etc.) as a modular concept which fits into different cab platforms. State of the art to frugal systems.
Today's cabs have different HVAC systems in regard to its components/modules. It is hard to use one component on different platforms. Using a modular HVAC concept that fits into different platforms (package and requirements) leads to the following advantages:
- Fits in different cabs
- Allows same tools for the assembly lines/testing (different factories)
- Easy to generate different versions (state of the art to frugal)
Description of the invention:
- Pre-assembled unit with a modular design
- Allows assembly of components with different complexity
- The basic envelope is always the same
- Position and type of interfaces are always the same (water valve, air distribution, ...) -->external and internal
- Fixing points from unit to cab always the same
- Mounting position within the unit are always the same (e.g. duct to unit, blower to unit, ...)
Different solutions for different cabs make it nearly impossible to use it on different platforms. With the invention it is possible to use the same base design on different platforms.