Weather Brass Finish for Plumbing Products
Publication Date: 2014-Jun-04
The IP.com Prior Art Database
This is a process to develop new finishes that require a brass coating to create substrate that may be further processed to give the desired look, like oxidizing and distressing .
INSTRUCTIONS: To submit your invention: 1. Complete this form. 2. Follow the instructions under #26 to complete and Electronically Signature as the inventor. 3. Save the completed/electronically signed form to your system. 4. Attach this form with all backup to an email to the attention of your supervisor. 5. Supervisor’s; review the submission for approval and type in your name under #27 in the approval section. 6. Save the form with all signatures then attach the completed, approved form to an email with all back up documentation and send to email@example.com. NOTE: ALL submissions must come to me from the supervisor as their approval of the submission.
1. * Invention title: Reverse Finishing
2. * Related project title:
New Finish Development/Weathered Brass
3. * Other related business platform:
4. * Inventor full name (last name first):
Joseph A Elmer
5. Additional inventors:
6. * Masco division: Delta Faucet Company 7. * Masco location: Delta Faucet
8. * Telephone number: 317-208-9824 9. * E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. * Conception Date: 6/16/2008 11. * Written description date: 6/23/2008
12. * Shared with anyone (non-inventor)?: 13. Who shared with?:
14. * Sample or prototype?:
15. If so, who made it, how and when?:
VaporTech and Delta has made prototypes in 2008
16. * Invention for sale or sold?: 17. If so, when?:
18. * Do you plan to publicly disclose invention?: 19. If so, when do you plan to disclose?:
20. Who approved public disclosure?:
21. * What is the purpose of your invention?: This is a process to develop new finishes that require a brass coating to create substrate that may be further processed to give the desired look, like oxidizing and distressing .
22. * How does your invention achieve its purpose?: The invention utilizes a PVD coating process to apply a unique color of coating that can be engineered to be easily oxidized or textured by vibratory or hand jacking operations prior to organic finishing. The Brass PVD coating is made by using PVD process with a source target made of brass. The composition of the brass target can be varied (different ratios of copper and zinc) to achieve different colors and hardness of the brass coating. The type of gases used in the PVD chamber will also infuence the color and hardness of the coating.
23. * Specifically describe how your invention works: Apply a brass PVD coating with the desired base color, hardness and composition on said part. Once the brass...