Publication Date: 2014-Jun-09
The IP.com Prior Art Database
Page 01 of 5
Page 02 of 5
Page 03 of 5
Referring to Fig. 1, the process is as follows:
1. When the page of web application is loaded by browser, an event listener will be added into the current page, and be ready to start its work.
2. When user is doing some operation on UI, the event will be triggered.
3. The Generator detects the dom under current operation.
4. Then the Generator analyzes the dom and context, and get the object type.
5. Using predetermine format and words to make sentence for user operation and objects , for example, "Input a username 'John' into the Username field".
6. Combine the sentence into current test case.
Fig. 2 is a design diagram for the Generator. Referring to Fig. 2, the upper half part is the UI of the web application which is displayed in a Browser. And the lower half part is the UI of the Generator which mainly includes Testcase Dashboard and builds in the Browser Add-on UI. When operations are performing on the web application , the test case is at the same time creating in the Testcase Dashboard. The UI of the Generator and the UI of the web application are on the same window . It could be easier to review test case creating.
Page 04 of 5
The advantages of the Generator are showing on the following aspects:
1. Increased speed. While the test case creator finishes the operati...