System and method for cloud-sourcing based resource recommendation
Publication Date: 2014-Dec-01
The IP.com Prior Art Database
Disclosed is a method to find resources for a given user requesting computing resources by searching the resource availability of associated social network relationships.
Page 01 of 2
System and method for cloud -
The computing resources request and demand is governed by the cloud provider's micro-economic methods such as market price differentiation or auction and bidding . The current methods pursue the provider profit maximization by optimizing the resource consumption. Hence, idle resources do not re-enter the market. These techniques do not consider the social network relationships' knowledge that holds exploitable advertising value given the existing links between the resource owners and resource buyers.
The novel contribution is a method to find resources for a given user requesting computing resources by searching the resource availability of associated social network relationships.
The framework and process for implementing the method include :
1. Creation and population of a user bidding profile using associated historical data of resource usage and social network relationships
2. Offer to bidder of various resource selection criteria (e.g. prices, service level agreement (SLA), historical availability of the virtual machines (VMs), etc.)
3. Search of the resource availability of the bidder's social network relationships
4. Calculation of the suggested bid formulated as an optimization of the provider
profit and retention of the customer
5. Ability for the bidder to perform online negotiation with the resource owner
6. Ability for the owner to negotiate the return/reclaiming of resources
The disclosure presents the methods and systems to support a new business model for a smooth transition from fee based cloud services to...