Method to assist user to identify the latest version of a document stored in different email application, network locations and portable devices.
Publication Date: 2015-Jun-01
The IP.com Prior Art Database
This article proposed a method to assist user to identify the latest version of a document stored in different email applications, network locations and portable devices.
Page 01 of 6
Method to assist user to identify the latest version of a document stored in different email application, network locations and portable devices .
While dealing with a document which has numerous versions, we tend to invest lot of time to understand and find the latest document / version. These latest versions are required when we are forwarding these documents to some colleague, delete the documents to empty space, etc.There are cases where we tend to search for the correct version of the document after a long time gap.
This article proposed to have a solution by which we can save users time and help him search the correct version of the document on which the user wishes to act on.
- A method to make user aware about the file(s) being deleted which were received via email from specific users.
- Making user aware by tracking the status of the file being deleted.
- A method to prompt user about the correct file(s) to be forwarded as attachments via email.
- Provision of taking care of files generated with dynamic naming convention.
- Make the user aware about the file(s) being deleted which the user has sent to a recipient and the mail preference "save the sent emails" is disabled.
1. In todays real world of Information Technology we deal with numerous instances, probably daily where we delete files from our hard disk. Reasons can be various like, free some space, file may not be important, new version of the same file is created, file is been stored in a common repository, etc. There are instances where we try to delete certain files which might be important to us and we might not realize that or might invest time to analyze if the file is of real importance. Take a simple case of we trying to delete file(s) received as an attachment via email. As such we receive numerous files, but we ought to be very careful while deleting files which are important for business purpose. For e.g. Files received from Manager, team lead, team member, stake holders, customers, HR, Finance, etc. Today there is no way where the system can provide some mechanism to assist us from deleting such important files.
What's the solution for this : The article proposes to have a alerting mechanism during deletion of files which are or might be important to the user. Say a system generated message which would override the existing delete message populated by the OS which would even be differently formatted UI to catch users attention. This dialog will give the detailed information like, from where the file is received, who sent it, etc. Now the question remains how the system would know about these specific important members. User and users related information can be extracted from organization structure and based on organizational changes, the alert rule will be automatically modified to make user aware about correct files while deletion process. More over the user would have a explicit authorization to add more users to the list where he can add t...