A method to integrate DVRs into trunking system as moving sites
Original Publication Date: 2015-Jul-13
Included in the Prior Art Database: 2015-Jul-13
Yang, Wu: INVENTOR [+6]
To resolve this problem, a method is introduced by this invention to let portable select between trunking site and DVRS like standard trunking procedure. It includes: A procedure for trunking system to manage DVRS as moving sites. A procedure for portable to switch between trunking site and DVRS automatically. DVR_INF is used to provide DVR?s information. These information include: DVR?s GPS location, DVR channel Rx/TX frequency, DVR busy ratio, site number which DVR is landing at.
By Yang Wu, Tian Matthew, Zhao KK, Chen Dixen, Li Yong, Zhao Dong
Motorola Solutions, Inc.
This innovation introduces a method to integrate DVRs into trunking system as moving sites. This method comprises of two procedures:
1. A procedure for trunking system to manage DVRs as moving sites.
2. A procedure for portable subscriber (PSU) to switch between trunking site and DVRS automatically.
By using this method, PSU can select to land on DVRs or trunking site automatically.
DVRS is used to proxy voice, signaling and data between PSU and trunking site when PSU can’t communicate with trunking site directly.
Current DVRS can’t let PSU to select between trunking site and DVRS smartly, it has below problems:
1. In order to use a DVRS, PSU must be configured the DVRS channel in advance.
2. In order to use a DVRS, PSU must be switched manually to DVRS conventional channel.
3. If PSU stays on a trunking channel, it can’t use the DVRS resource nearby automatically when it is OOR from trunking site.
4. If portable stays on a DVRS channel, it can’t switch to trunking site directly when it’s in the range of trunking site.
To resolve above problem, a method is introduced by this innovation to let PSU select between trunking site and DVRS automatically according to current coverage from trunking site and DVRS. This method includes below steps:
1. MSU reports DVR’s information to the home site, home site notifies its adjacent sites which are near to DVR the DVR information.
2. Home site and adjacent sites broadcast DVR information on their control channel.
3. Portable search the available DVRs and downgrade to DVR channel when it can’t communicate with base station directly.
4. Portable search base station during idle state (no active call session) when it works on DVR channel.
5. Portable upgrades to trunking channel when it is back to base station’s range again.
Below chart and steps describes the procedure for trunking system to manage DVRs as moving sit...