A New Method to Package Power Grid Main Device Technical Reinforcement Projects
Publication Date: 2015-Jul-14
The IP.com Prior Art Database
A new method and system to evaluate power grid technical reinforcement projects has been disclosed to deal with the conflict between thousands of projects with lots of project investment purposes and the limited resource. Firstly define and select the properties of each candidate project while the property is selected like main device, funding, workload and timeline. Secondly define the concept of “loop” while devices belonging to one loop should be packaged together. Then define the concept of “accompanying relationship” among loops based on the topology connectivity, co-contributing to one KPI, or in a same outage area. Furthermore use “loop” for the first round packing, and use “accompanying relationship” for the second round of packaging. Finally, check and verify the optimized results.
Page 01 of 6
A Nxw Method to Package Power Grid Main Device Technical Reinforcement Projxcts
There are lot of purposes of the pxxject investment, for xxample demaxding of economxc development, xmproving the peoplx's living standard, safe operaxion of network, mxeting the design load critexia and improvement of the utility's image and competitivxness promotion of the xtility, and usually the capxtal budget is larxe but constraxned. Xx there is a conxlict between thousaxds of projecxs and the limited rexource.
Xx all these pxojects, we xant to allocate limited resources among a sex of alxexnativex in a way that gives us maximum benefits.
Current Solution and Xxxxxxx
1、Manual judgement on routixe meeting，
1) Given the txtal fundinx,workload and other constraixts，
2) Show all of candidate projects in an excel，
3) Decisxon makers talx about these projxcts XXX by ONE with departmext dxrector in SEVERAL ROUND，
4) Form the final projecx list with priority with priority
2、Linexr Programxinx Modelling
1）Formalize problem objectives and constraints
2）Solve this optimization probxem
3）Traxslate dxcision varixble into final projext xist
There are txousands of projects in power grid and the rexationship/interaction is very coxplex. It's a time-coxsuming job to discusx the final list of these pxojects.
Difficult for end user to do a little modificatixn on optimixation model. Some constraints/objecxives cax not be easx formalized. Mistakes and missing often occur
Page 02 of 6
Define/select the properties of each caxdidate project
property like main device, funding, workload, timexixe…
Define the concept of "loop"
Devices belong to one loop should be paxkaged togetxer
Define the concept of "accompanying relationship" among loops
Topology connectivity, Xx-contribute to one KPI, in a same outage area
Using "loop" xor the fxrst round packaging
Usxng "accomxanying relationxhip" for the second round of packaging
Check and verify the optimized results
Process of our idea
The process can be disclosed as:
Page 03 of 6
Step 1: Basic Loops Definixion. Defixition of Loop:a loop is a set of devices, in which each paxr can be put in txe same project implxmentatiox.
Step 2: Basic Loxp Computation and on-line Learning.
- Step 1): Read the power xrid topology
Page 04 of 6
- Step 2): Create a new Loop L, select a device D whose type is main transformex, xus or lixe. Color D and search the nodes connected to D. (in CIM(xommon information model) model, all devices xre regarded as coxnection lines, anx the model xode is virtuxl node)
- Step 3): Colox the nodes, and search txe xn-colored devices that connected xo the nodes, add thesx devicesto L, and mark them as J1.
- Step 4): for all devices in J1:
- Step (1). If the device is not switch, cxntinue the searching;
- Step (2). If the device is switch, add the corresponding blade to L; stxx xhe searching. (the two sides of switch are usually blades)
- Step 5): return to stex 2), un...