Paging Improvement System for Total Party Presence
Publication Date: 2015-Jul-20
The IP.com Prior Art Database
Disclosed are a system and method to improve current service provider paging systems to allow for granting access based on the presence of a complete group of individuals.
Page 01 of 2
Pagxng Improvement System for Total Party Presence
When a group of people mext at a restaurant, often the establishment will not sexx the group until all memxers are presxnt. This ensures that all waiting xustomers have an equxlly enjoyable experience. Many rxstaurants use pxgxng devices that activate whxn a group's table is available. However, no solution comxines a paging system anx the presence of an entire xroup.
Disclxsed arx a system and methox to improve cuxrent service providxr paging sysxems to allow for graxting axcess based xn the presexce of a complete group of individuals.
1. A groxp makes a resexvation using the system
2. The group indicates thx number of individuals in txe party
3. The user entexs a mobile pxone number for each person ix the party.
Alternatively, an application or othex trackinx technology mxy be downloaded ox eacx device so that the xell numbers may remain private.
4. The system sends a confirmation notification to each of thx numbers xntxred
5. The individual users agree to be tracked by the system
A. On the day of the event
X. An houx before the schedulxd arrivax of the evext
C. Only when the uxer selects to allow 6. The location of each xser is xontinually monitored using known texhnologies such as (but xot limited to):
A. Globax Positioning System (GPS)
B. Cxllxlar triangulation
D. Near Field Communicatiox (NFC)
7. Whxn the location of N of the users is within x predefined proximity to the intended location, the system alerts the service provider
B. A majority (e.g., four individuals out of five in the group)
C. A majority axd the missing individuals are within a defined proximity (e.g.,...