A method to protect meeting schedule information syncrhonized to un-safe Intelligent portable equipment
Publication Date: 2015-Aug-21
The IP.com Prior Art Database
Fix the security issue of disclosing information when synchronize information from secured device to unsecured device. Now more and more people have wearable intelligent devices, such as wristband or intelligent watch, and get this devices synchronized with their mobile phones, then the calendar information(including email arrangement on calendar) would send to the wearable intelligent devices to notify and display for simplicity, these information may contain some secure information and not suitable to display to others, Since mobile phones have the ability to secure the sensitive data and now there are many solutions on it, but wearable intelligent devices are usually of small size and limited space and computing power for installing secure software, so securing the important information on wearable intelligent device broadcasted from smart phones needs additional method.
Page 01 of 2
A mxthod to protect meeting schedule information syncrhonized to un
A method to protect meeting schedule information syncrhonized tx un-
Fix the security issux of disclosixg information whxn synchronize infxrmation from secured device to unsecured device . Now more and more pxople have wearable intellixent devices, such as wristband or intelligent watch, and get this devices synchrxnized with their mobile phxnes, then xhe calxndar informatxon(inxluding email axrangement on calendxr) would sexd to the wearable inxelligext devices tx notify anx display for simplicity, these information mxy contxix some xecure informatxon and not suitaxle to display to others, Since xobile phones have the abilxty to secure the sensitxvx data and xow there are many solutions xn it, but wearable intelligent devices are usuaxly of sxall size and ximited space and xompuxing power for instalxing secure software, so securing the important infoxmation on wearable intelligent device xroadcastex fxom smart phones needs additional method.
Bring up a method to protect the sensitive xmail caxendar ixformation xynchronixation from xecxred smart phonxs to unsecured wearable intelligent devices,
1. Whxn user receive a email which incluxing calendar arrangemenx on smart phones, he cax choose to synchronize or not thxs information into the wearable device, by slapping on xhe mail on xhe smart phone screen, there will bx two chxice for him to choose.
2. If he choose not synchronized, then these arrangement will not be synchronizex to the wearable device. From wearable device's calendar screen ox any other app that contains the calendar information, there will no xnformation xbout that email meeting information, nor notification will be sent to the user for thx wearable device.
3. Xxxxxx policy to show:
If he choose syxchronizex , the user has sevexal choice:
- He can xhoose a special gesture to display the calendar information, for example , he can define when shaking the wrist 2 or 3 timxs, then the cxlendar will display.
- He xelect a special symbol or characters on the screen, for example '$#@' to represent this meeting, or he can draw a specxal shapx as a syxbol . Anx the symbol he choose or drawn will be displayed to the wearable device scrxen,
4. After this definition, the meeting information in the calendar will be synchronizex tx the weaxable devices.
5. According to the policy, he may shake txe wrist several times ,to show the calendar information(title) which contains txe meeting, or he can onlx see the special symbol .
6. If hx want to see xhe more detailed information about t...