System and Method to authorize/ re-authorize based on emotion state changes for highly critical tasks
Publication Date: 2015-Dec-10
The IP.com Prior Art Database
To avoid unexpected or disastrous events happening, it's essential to ensure the emotion stability of operators. Therefore, an emotions analysis and recognition system is invented in this disclosure to increase the security control allowing identifying if an authorized user in the system is being emotionally stable while he/she executes any tasks which require certain level of access control. This disclosure defines three emotional states that would produce alarm in a security system: anxiety, anger and panic and a fourth emotional state that corresponds to emotions set without interest for the security, like happiness, shame, sadness, boredom or the absence of emotion (neutral),and that's been called ‘Normal’. After the user is authenticated and authorized to perform the tasks, the system continues to collect emotion related data and give feedback if certain level of threshold is reached. The user will then be warned to adjust his physical or mental status, or will have to transfer the task to somebody else as needed.
Page 01 of 5
System and Method to authorize
System and Method to authorize/
The biometric identification systems have experienced a great growth in the use in security applications. These methods allow persons identification and verification with a big reliability and scarce possibilities of being falsified. At present, authentication and authorization systems based on biometrics are used by governmental, commercial and public sectors. There are studies on identification for biometrics that center on the applications of the fingerprints, the iris, the retinas, the face, the hand veins or the palm print and hand geometry, between others, like physical characteristics. However, this is not enough for critical tasks which requires persistent and stable emotion state. For those specific situations (such as piloting airplane, surgical operation, working in a risky environment … etc.), it requires highly stable emotional state of person who performs, otherwise unexpected or disastrous events may happen.
This invention presents the use of emotions state to monitor and conduct user who will need to perform critical tasks for some duration . The control actions can be taken by means of an emotions monitoring and discrimination system from the speech, heartbeat, facial
expression, body temperature, etc.
The system provides a way of increasing the user control for highly critical tasks. When adopted, the system can help avoid unexpected consequences for intentional or unwittingly operational errors.
--authorize based on emotion state changes for highly critical tasks
authorize based on emotion state changes for highly critical tasks
- 1. A computer-implemented method for security control, which includes -
- Monitoring, collecting and generating emotion classification data of an individual
- Identifying if the individual's emotion satisfy the requirements based on the analysis results
Providing warning once it's identified certain level of threshold is reached
2. The method of claim 1 where the warning or further control is performed based on emotion status analysis from data of
Page 02 of 5
portable/wearable/ and monitoring devices. -
3. The method of claim 2 further comprising weighting /scoring some quantitative feature of said biological traits to
- generate emotion state score and classification
4 The method of claim 3 further compromising means for determine if said user is appropriate to continue with the tasks or not
There are a couple of major components involved in the invention:
1. Portable / Wearable / Monitoring devices - These devices are used to collect emotion related data, including facial expression, voiceprint, heartbeat, body temperature and other biometric traits. The devices collect and transfer the data to the data repository continuously.
2. Emotion Data Repository- The data repository is used to st...