Method and system for in-vehicle automatic package transfer among Self-Driving Trucks.
Publication Date: 2016-Feb-19
The IP.com Prior Art Database
A program is disclosed which talks about in-vehicle automatic package transfer among Self-Driving Trucks.
Page 01 of 2
Method and system for in-vehicle automatic package transfer among Self -Driving Trucks.
Along with self-driving car, self-driving trucks has also been introduced. The purpose of self-driving truck is to transfer product / parcel /package from one place to another place. Following are some examples of self-driving trucks
There is an opportunity to transfer product from one self-driving truck to another self-driving vehicle during running condition. For example larger Self-Driving cargo Truck will carry packages for many routes, and smaller self-driving cargo truck will collect the appropriate packages from the larger cargo during running condition. This will help to minimize the time required to unload product and hence will improve delivery efficiency and will reduce transportation cost.
This article proposes a method and system by which
1. While loading into a larger Self-Driving Trucks, computing system will cluster the packages based on locations, and accordingly common travel route will be identified. The larger Self-Driving Truck will carry the packages, and during travel packages will be transferred to one or more smaller Self-Driving Trucks.
2. During transferring parcel from one vehicle to another vehicle, the participating vehicles will be running in parallel and the relative velocity among the participating vehicles will be zero.
3. Each participating self-driving truck will have one or more cantilever cranes and the cantilever crane will be connected with a thrust bearing, so that the crane can rotate and transfer package from one vehicle to another vehicle.
4. Each sending vehicle will have lifting dock, the target package will be lifted into the dock, and the crane will collect the package from the dock and keep the same in receiving dock of receiving truck.
5. Before transferring any package from one vehicle to another vehicle one authentication mechanism will be executed to validate correct package is transferred to correct receiving vehicle. Both the vehicles will validate the package specification and upon validating the package transfer will be executed.
6. The internal conveyor system of the sending truck will collect the package "to be transferred" and will keep the same in lifting dock, and the internal conveyor system in the receiving truck will collect the package from receiving dock and keep in it a required place.
7. Drones can also be used for transferring package from vehicle to another vehicle
Following diagram (Figure 1) talks about how cantilever cranes system are to be fixed with the self-driving truck. When package has to be transferred from one vehicle to another vehicle. The cranes will be connected to a thrust bearing, so that it can rotate along with the vertica...