System and method to define the speakers zone into Audio Video conferenceing and reduce the overhead on relay servers for AV streams.
Publication Date: 2016-May-12
The IP.com Prior Art Database
In today's era, real-time communication has become the need of the hour especially when organizations have global reach and presence across many different countries and continents. Organizations require to be able to get their employees interact not only with each other but also provide a way to reach out to clients, partners, using the real time video conferencing systems in order to provide better productivity and customer satisfaction. The video conferencing system provides the feeling of presence and face to face meeting even while working remotely. Audio and video conferencing has been made possible due to an increase in the availability of network bandwidth. Audio and Video conference being the highly interactive and real time communication allows the business to connect its employees, clients, customers, external users, in the context of the business, personal identity. In presence era, Audio conferencing is extremely and mostly used medium of real time communication by providing real time features like presence of participants into the conference, status update of the participant, active speaker indicator and secure controls to moderator to mute participants and etc. In this most collaborative environment where people are using Social collaboration tools to have their daily communications , meetings , presentations, webinar and all, there are lot of problems or overheads seen when people use the tools available. The problems most commonly seen are - 1. Lot of Echo is heard when People join the call from same area, conference room, meeting room and etc. 2. People who are from location as mentioned in #1 are seeing video of the speaker from same room whereas they have direct connection with him. 3. People who are from location as mentioned in #1 are hearing audio of the speaker from same room whereas they have direct connection with him. 4. Audio and Video as mentioned in #1, #2, #3 is become overhead on relay server when it is being relayed to the participants who are at same location. Hence there is need of system and method using which the above problems can be solved and that is also configurable by end users if they still would like to have it.
Page 01 of 3
System and method to define the speakers zone into Audio Video conferenceing and reduce the overhead on relay servers for AV streams .
As described above in brief abstract while using social collaboration tool, end user faces lot of problems which needs to be addressed to provide them better user and collaborative experience.
The proposal is as follows -
- The call will be started or joined with Optimized way which will enable the invention to reduce overhead as described further. When the users or participants are joined into the audio video conference , a client algorithm will detect the user location .
The above information will be sent into SIP protocol to get it negotiated with the relay server with other details like SDP ( Audio and Video codecs , IP, ports and etc. ). The relay server ( MCU ) will use this location details to find the participants location from where they are joining .
Once the end user starts their call or join their call in optimized way, the MCU will be notified that the call is started with Optimization. MCU will use the stored location data of participants and will not relay the Audio video streams of the active speaker to all other participants who are joined from same common area.
- The end user will have a user interface which is being notified to end users as the call is running into Optimized way which states that you are not able to see and hear the active speakers .
- The end user can switch the call from Optimized to normal flow and normal to Optimized flow as per his requirements.
- The another feature which is disclosed here is on the user switching the location. Once the user is shifted from one common area to other place or area, the client algorithm will be triggered again to detect the location of the users and that location will be again sent into SIP Re-invite to relay server to change the Location data at relay server ( MCU). The client algorithm will be triggered on network switch event or IP switch event.
1. Detection of user location -
It could be done either ways -
1. They can make a calls to Network DHCP server which is allocated the IPs of the ma...