Augmented Real time Guidance System in CRM
Publication Date: 2016-May-15
Title: Augmented Real time Guidance System in CRM
Invented by: Om Prakash Gangwar
Date of conception: 30/04/2015
In CRM, currently communication between Customer and CSR goes over phone. Over the phone CSR tries to resolve the queries by asking questions to Customer. If customer is naïve or new user of the product/service, the communication between Customer & CSR could lead following?
· In effective query resolution
· High call volumes leading to high abandoned rate
· High service/maintenance cost
· Low CSAT/NPS
Allowing customer to share his/her view via handheld device camera, with CSR.
On seeing customer view, CSR can capture the image from video received from customer device. Captured image will be passed to backend system to detect the problem faced by customer. The Backend System will highlights the gap between actual image and product 360 degree image, loads the image into CSR desktop.
On seeing customer view and system provided image, CSR can
· Better understand the issue
· Augment the customer view to point out the area where customer attention is needed.
CSR can sent the augmented image back to customer, so that customer can perform the action as highlighted by CSR.
2. Detailed Description
An Augmented Reality Guidance System (ARGS) operational flow is provided. The ARGS operational flow automatically detects the problem in device shown in video shared by customer with CSR. The ARGS operation flow contains following components.
1. Customer Handheld Device:
For sharing the view with CSR, customer needs to have such device which has camera and a browser in it to support the webrtc mechanism for sharing the camera view with CSR.
The customer interface contains two panel- one panel is for playing the camera video and another panel is for displaying the image received from CSR.
2. CSR Desktop:
Along with existing functionalities of CSR desktop, CSR desktop will contains an additional interface using which he/she can perform follow activities.
· Initiate the video streaming request to calling customer. Video streaming request could be a SMS or email.
· On receiving the video stream in desktop, he/she can take snapshot of the device from running video.
· Call the image processor server to find out the problematic area in the device. Image processor server will compare product 360 degree image with captured image to find out the problem and it highlight it in the product 360 degree image. The result image is presented to CSR, the CSR can edit the image by adding/removing the objects like rectangle, circle, and triangle.
· Sends to updated image back to calling customer’s device.
3. Image Processor Server:
It is the backend system which will have the capability to fetch the product image from Product catalog server and image processing to figure out the problematic area in device image received from video stream.
To figure out the problematic area in input image...