Smart Action Invoker
Publication Date: 2016-Aug-23
The IP.com Prior Art Database
Disclosed is a framework, which will allow the users to efficiently manage their day to day tasks and activities. The framework will record all your tasks and activities that you need to perform when you are away from your machine and synchronize it with your machine. The framework will have different actions or activities for configuration or the user can also create new activities as per his requirement. The framework will have different rules with which he can configure the activities and those will get invoked using appropriate applications when synched with the user machine. The invocation of applications will be based on different considerations like functionality, cost, etc...
Page 01 of 3
Smart Action Invoker
The proposed framework will have the following features: -
1. Record the action items and launching application based on the parameters. The Framework can accommodate different actions/ activities that a user can mark on his mobile/tab and when it is synched with user computer those activities will be invoked at the particular time as per user inputs.
-All the action items (to-do's, Reminders) will be added and launched the respective applications based on recorded parameters.
For ex. If a user marks an activity as send a mail to xyz on this date @ this time, when it synched with User Computer and the specified time has arrived, the framework existing on the user machine will check for the available email software on user's machine.
2. Taking Diverse set of inputs and providing variety of outputs.
-No boundaries for specific list of applications, its static as well as dynamic list.
3. Type of rules, logic decides the action item and the action
- Different types of rules, logic built into framework decides which type of action category items suitable for the act.
For ex. A) If the activity can be done using multiple applications then instead of asking the user, the framework will decide based on the settings for the activity. If an activity is for formulating a document and in the activity settings its contents will be images, etc., then it will open Word or similar software instead of Note Pad. If the additional details are not available in the activity settings, it will show the different software which can be used to complete the activity with their capabilities over each other.
B) If the user wants to prepare a presentation and users machine is not having such software, then it would show the different options to the user which he can use for completing the activity. So in this case it would show the power point, OpenOffice Impress and any other open source software's available to the user with their cost and other details.
4. Anytime, anywhere you can add new to-do/reminder.
- To-Do/Reminders added from anywhere based on the Static list of applications.
- Dynamic list of applications generated based on synch with computer system.
5. Runtime List of to-do applications in mobile, getting from any computer.
- No hardcoded list of applications, it generated on the fly based on the synch with computer system.
6. Alert at deadline and invokes the application instance in a computer
- One master alert will remind for all actions, and invokes all the mentioned applications in computer.
Page 02 of 3
7. Automated or manual synch with any computer
-Once user login on computer or at any defined time, all the active applications marked in mobile will synch with computer system.
8. Priority for conflicting action items
-Set Priority for multiple action items in case of conflicting action items, it will decide which action should be given priority based on history actions.
9. Close the action item automatically in mobile