Method and system for TV program audio augmentation from IoT devices.
Publication Date: 2016-Oct-06
The IP.com Prior Art Database
In any home network multiple devices are connected and communicating with each other on real time basis. The devices can share information with each other. For example, in any Home network, user has TV, music systems, mobile devices etc. All the devices are coordinating with each other in a collaborative fashion. While watching any TV program, (like Movie, TV Serial etc.) TV system connects to the remote TV service provider’s server and delivers Video content and audio contents together. Many cases user may enjoy additional sound effects while watching TV program. The additional sound effect can be background music, special effect, replacement of poor audio in the video section etc. In any IoT environments all the devices are connected, so we can take this opportunity to enhance audio augmentation while watching TV program.
Page 01 of 3
Method and system for TV program audio augmentation from IoT devices .
We propose a method and system by which
1. Once any TV program is being delivered, software installed in the TV system will gather the metadata of the content is being displayed in TV screen and accordingly will share the gathered metadata to all the IoT devices on real time basis. In this case metadata can be contextual analysis of the TV content, pre captured metadata while editing the video file etc.
2. The IoT devices will search for additional audio contents from different public domains which are appropriate to the content is being delivered in TV screen, and accordingly will notify the viewers if they are interested to listen the additional audio contents.
3. Upon accepting the notification, the associated music systems will start playing additional audio contents along with TV content and TV audio contents.
4. User can control the additional audio contents with remote content system, like user's action on augmented audio content, TV audio content etc. based on many user's usage behavior, system will be self learnt and accordingly will provide recommended audio contents, for any TV program is being displayed
5. Any user can share personalized audio content in social networking site/ public domain, accordingly the proposed system will play the audio content along with the TV content.
For example User X has recorded one song in his voice from a movie M and published in public domain, now User Y is watching the same movie, so the proposed system can mute the TV automatically while that particular song is displayed, and the associated IoT systems will be playing the same song.
6. The length of the personalized audio content would be auto adjusted based on the length of the actual audio content. For example a audio content, when personalized back by someone, may not fit exactly leading to out of synchronization issues.
7. There may be certain situations where a particular video clip may be inserted into another sequence just for the interest of the user. For example a song or sequence S1 in movie M1. User may think song or sequence S2 may be a better fit and replace the video for the same.
Following diagram (Figure 1) talks about user has one TV and two IoT devices, the TV is delivering video content and associated audio contents. Apart from that user has additional two IoT audio devices. All the three devices and the mobile phone are communicating with each other on real time basis. While the TV program is being watched, the IoT devices are getting the metadata of the TV content is being played, so the IoT devices are se...