An Automated Color Data Analysis System for X-Rite i1iSis Spectrophotometer
Publication Date: 2016-Oct-28
The IP.com Prior Art Database
Page 01 of 2
An Automated Color Data Analysis System for a Spectrophotometer
Authors: J. Lin, W. Kailey, L. Ernst
Disclosed is a system that generates color charts and feeds the color specimens automatically into the spectrophotometer utilizing a new data processing and mapping method to deal with the software tool's compatibility issues, unusual test files and manual labor concerns. This automated color data analysis system as shown in Figure 1 can
1. work with multiple commercial spectrophotometers such as X-Rite i1iSis*.
2. automatically generate charts for standard calibration types or for user-defined lists of colors or for standard colors, e.g. PANTONE** colors
3. feed and measure multipage charts automatically in any order
4. provide color data average information by combining multiple files, and performing a spatial average on a single file to achieve spatial sampling diversity with minimal effort
5. save labor and eliminate metadata format, chart scan order, and correct metadata-to-chart correspondence as sources of error
Figure 1. Design workflow
Page 02 of 2
Figure 2. Data processing and analysis
In Figure 2, the system generates color charts of the types requested by the user including specific color if required. The system generates the charts automatically from information which completely describes the user's request algorithmically. When the user starts the tool, the system asks the user for the purpose of generating this reference file. There...