Publication Date: 2016-Nov-30
The IP.com Prior Art Database
In recent survey, the missing items or good on selves of supermarket is one result that makes customers unsatisfied. The main reason is that other customer may change its position after checking but not buying or it is hidden from other items. With e-commerce customers from remote site, they also need to lift the good and rotate it by angles to check it. More than that, they may need to record video of their action as an artifact or clue for transaction. A robot hand, which is called ecommerce hand or eHand for short, can solve this problem. The solution not only supports remote users, but also supports administrators of supermarket to rearrange items on selves.
Page 01 of 5
The missing items or good on selves or the requirement in artifact of modern e-commerce (customers buy from ecommerce website and pay via online tool such as credit card) raise demand on the system, in which users can touch, arrange, and record video about item remotely. A robot hand, which is called ecommerce hand or eHand for short, can solve this problem.
The solution not only supports remote users, but also supports administrators of supermarket to rearrange items on selves. The solution includes systems:
- Robot with hand and eyes: the length of upper arm and forearm can be changed by wide range, and the length between two eyes and the length of neck can also be changed.
- There is a simple hand (only hand cover such as glove) can be used by the remote controller (remote customers or administrators, etc).
- The signal from simple hand can be transmitted to robot.
- The robot hand can do exact what the simple hand does. Signal on robot can allow controller "feel" the object on the robot hand.
- The robot's eyes can record video and send back to application on smart glass on controller's face.
- The controller can "feel" images in robot eye as if he is in the same position of robot.
- He can gain feeling as if he is direct user and checking good/items on his hand.
How it works:
The system works basing on a robot with flexible hand, controller's "simple hand", smart glass and an application.
First, these are examples of simple X,Y,Z data sent to Robot and them main scenario of system.
In figure A, movement of controller (person who uses simple hand) can be recorded with value X, Y, Z or electronic signal. In figure B, the position data is sent with mobile application (on smart phone or smart glass) via cloud to central system.
This system will cont...