Accessory Demo Mode
Publication Date: 2016-Dec-15
The IP.com Prior Art Database
A fitting software program for fitting hearing devices includes an accessories demo mode that allows the fitting system to act as a chosen accessory. A view of the accessory will be shown, and any interactive features of the accessory will be available on the screen. While in this demo mode, the hearing devices will still be connected to a programmer and will not need to do any of the setup process to act with the fitting system demo. The user may exit this demo mode at any time by a close button to resume normal fitting operations. Any programmable options of the accessories will be present and interact with the hearing devices during demo mode as programmed in the fitting system. Further, the interactive device will have all support features and act as if it was the physical device.
Accessory Demo Mode Problem to be Solved
1. Showing how hearing aid accessories work with the devices currently has to be done with physical hardware.
2. People must go through the setup routine to connect the hearing devices or hearing aids with the accessories to show how they interact.
3. Accessory returns can be caused by getting the product and learning they do not need it, which could be avoided at the point of sale.
Description of Invention
1. In a fitting software there will be an accessories demo mode to allow the fitting system to act as a chosen accessory.
2. A view of the accessory will be shown and any interactive features of the accessory will be available on the screen. These interactive features can be clicked and moved as if they were the physical device via a computer mouse. Once an action takes place on the virtual accessory, the required effect will adjust the connected hearing aids accordingly.
a. For example a remote device may have a couple of buttons for the user to press. If a user clicks on one of these buttons, the action will take effect in the hearing aids.
b. Another example would be a TV streamer where the hearing aids will act as if they are close to a TV streamer and will connect per hearing aid specifications. If they are being programmed wirelessly, the wearer may get out of range and act as if they are out of range of the TV streamer. Once they get back into range of the wireless programmer, they would resume TV streamer demo mode.
3. While in this demo mode, the hearing devices or hearing aids will still be connected to a programmer and will not need to do any of the setup process to act with the fitting system accessory demo.
4. The user may exit this demo mode at any time by a close button to resume normal...