System for project factors alerts based on smart analysis of events
Publication Date: 2017-Aug-10
The IP.com Prior Art Database
System for Project Factors Alerts Based on Smart Analysis of Events
The project manager (PM) must deal with all the project constraints to keep the project in good shape. A huge number of external events are unknowns, and can impact a project. Identifying all the unknowns as potential risks is almost impossible. By the time a PM realizes a threat, it may be already an issue. PMs need a tool that intelligently monitors the external factors that may impact a project and attempt to identify the risk triggers at an early stage in the project (i.e., before the factors became an issue).
The novel contribution is a Project Management Software System that monitors external/internal factors that are associated with risks or constraints and then warns the PM(s) about events that possibly trigger these factors. This is done based on an intelligent analysis of data collected from different sources (e.g., news, social media posts, recent articles, entities’ communications, etc.) and a configured baseline for each internal/external factor. The system associates each risk with one or more data monitoring systems, which can distill events that can potentially trigger the materialization of the risk. Some Project Management domains covered by this smart analysis are:
The system automatically creates trend reports of the external/internal factors associated with any aspect of a project as well as automatic updates of the project values (e.g., risks, constraints, assumptions, budgets, etc.) in a database (DB) of projects, based on associated external/internal factors. For example, if the system identifies a change in the currency value, which affects a project’s budget, it triggers an alert to the PM.
Figure 1: System components
Figure 1 illustrates the following system components:
- Configuration DB: stores the main configuration settings of the entire system.
- PM Management System: allows the connection of an external PM Management system to provide inputs (i.e., project details) to the system and obtain the associated outputs
- PM Domains DB: contains the PM domains that PMs want to use (e.g., risks, costs, resources, schedule, issues, security, etc.). The user can also specify sub-domains and other relevant date to improve the accuracy of the search. This DB gathers the input from several sources, including
- Manual data entry
- External PM system
- Integrated PM system
- Manual Data Entry: module allows the manual input of data to the PM Domains DB
- Active Monitoring System: a smart search engine capable of gathering data (e.g., news/articles, etc.) and any related information from the data sources associated, based on the filters identified to look for information related to project (e.g., risks, constraints, etc.) as selected by the user on the PM Domain DB. The system uses an existing cognitive Application Programming Interface (API) to achieve this task.
- Internet Data Sources: DB containing the internet data...