The following operators can be used to better focus your queries.
( ) , AND, OR, NOT, W/#
? single char wildcard, not at start
* multi char wildcard, not at start
(Cat? OR feline) AND NOT dog?
Cat? W/5 behavior
(Cat? OR feline) AND traits
Cat AND charact*
This guide provides a more detailed description of the syntax that is supported along with examples.
This search box also supports the look-up of an IP.com Digital Signature (also referred to as Fingerprint); enter the 72-, 48-, or 32-character code to retrieve details of the associated file or submission.
Concept Search - What can I type?
For a concept search, you can enter phrases, sentences, or full paragraphs in English. For example, copy and paste the abstract of a patent application or paragraphs from an article.
Concept search eliminates the need for complex Boolean syntax to inform retrieval. Our Semantic Gist engine uses advanced cognitive semantic analysis to extract the meaning of data. This reduces the chances of missing valuable information, that may result from traditional keyword searching.
A system determines the physiological, behavorial, or biological
state of a user. Based on this information, the system charges the user
different amounts and adjust prices for the content provided and for
English (United States)
This text was extracted from a PDF file.
This is the abbreviated version, containing approximately
52% of the total text.
Page 1 of 3
System and Method for Payment Based on User's Physiological State
A system determines the physiological, behavorial, or biological state of a user. Based on this information, the system charges the user different amounts and adjust prices for the content provided and for services provided.
In a typical scenario, a user browses an on-line business that provides access to images, music, or other content. The user's payment to this on-line business is related to his physiological response to the content. For example, as the user's interest level increases, his payment increases. This system is useful because the user is paying for content that is truly relevant, and the content provider is motivated to provide a useful information. Monitors are used to monitor such physical variables e.g. brain waves, to determine interest level.
1. A method comprising: - determining the state of a user - a means for providing a good or service - payment based on information about the physiological state
2. MOC (MOC = "The method of claim") 1 further comprising: - transmitting the physiological states (e.g. over a network)
3 MOC 1 further comprising"
- determining for a second time or subsequent time the physiological state of the user (e.g. listener/viewer) by electronic means
4. MOC 1 wherein the information about the physiological state is the change in the physiological state over some time period.
5. MOC 1 wherein the state is determined by at least one of: monitoring physiological state, monitoring user actions or interactions, monitoring user responses to questions, etc.
6. MOC 1 wherein payment is based on the state of the user relative to some norm or benchmark, whether for people in general, for some subset of people or for the individual user (e.g. based on historical recorded states of the user, or based on some pre-specified threshold)
7. MOC 1 wherein the state is monitored locally, and then payment information could be transferred.
8. MOC 1 wherein the fee based on the state is computed using a payment schedule.