Original Publication Date: 1992-Jun-01
Included in the Prior Art Database: 2005-Mar-22
Isaacs, PD: AUTHOR [+4]
This mini-screener is used to screen solder paste onto small printed circuit boards or components through a stencil for the purpose of soldering to something else.
mini-screener is used to screen solder paste onto
small printed circuit boards or components through a stencil for the
purpose of soldering to something else.
mini-screener comprises the following features:
1. Stencil and frame are used for screening paste on components or
2. Component or card.
3. Registration platen is used to center the module or card as well
as control relative height of the stencil to the object being
screened. Different platens are used for different module or card
4. Vacuum chuck is used to hold down module or card to prevent any
5. Z Stage is used to adjust relative height of the component to the
platen to obtain proper snap-off for paste screening.
6. Theta stage is used to rotate the component or card for alignment
to the stencil.
7. X,Y stage is used to adjust alignment of module or card to the
8. Z stage is used for vertical adjustment and snap-off.
solder stencil is aligned with the object, the solder
paste is applied to the stencil and pulled across the stencil with a
squeegee. The stencil is lifted up, and the object is then removed.
Another one is then placed, and the process is repeated (see the
We needed to
be able to screen the solder paste on to the back
side of a module. The current screeners did not allow independent
height adjustments between a platen and module relative to the solder
paste stencil. ...