Publication Date: 2008-Feb-25
The IP.com Prior Art Database
Disclosure DisclosureDisclosure Disclosure
The present disclosure relates to coordinate-measuring machines and touch probes therefor.
In particular the present disclosure concerns a modular measuring system comprising a coordinate positioning machine and a tool magazine, or rack, holding several probes, or task modules, releasably connectable to a moving head of the coordinate machine, and that the machine can fetch and store automatically, according to a specific measurement program.
Different possibilities to connect the task modules and the head of the machine are disclosed
• Magnets with opposed or inverted polarity
• One fixed magnet and one rotating magnet
• Magnet with a spring
OO O----ring ring ring
• o-ring clip (crown)
• special material
• bi-stable leaf spring (clic-clac frog)
• similar to standard pneumatic connection
• outside spider spring (2 or more blades)
• balls or pins with spring (replacing the o-ring crown)