Two Piece Faucet Locking Nut
Publication Date: 2014-Jun-04
The IP.com Prior Art Database
Garry Marty: INVENTOR [+1]
The installer would take the nut and slide it over the shank until the nut touches the bottom of the deck. Then they would lock the nut to the shank by squeezing arm members of nut together which cause the teeth of male arm member to engage to teeth of female arm member and causes the nut to self lock onto the thread of the shank. Then they would tighten the nut to the deck by giving the nut a couple of turns (like you would do with a traditional nut) which will pull the faucet securely to the deck. To dissassemble you would push down on the release arm which releases the nut from the shank and allows the nut to slide off and can be done with one hand.
INSTRUCTIONS: To submit your invention: 1. Complete this form. 2. Follow the instructions under #26 to complete and Electronically Signature as the inventor. 3. Save the completed/electronically signed form to your system. 4. Attach this form with all backup to an email to the attention of your supervisor. 5. Supervisor’s; review the submission for approval and type in your name under #27 in the approval section. 6. Save the form with all signatures then attach the completed, approved form to an email with all back up documentation and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: ALL submissions must come to me from the supervisor as their approval of the submission.
1. * Invention title: TWO PIECE LOCKING NUT
2. * Related project title:
Faucet mounting nut
3. * Other related business platform:
4. * Inventor full name (last name first):
ENLOW BRIAN ALAN
5. Additional inventors:
GARRY ROBIN MARTY
6. * Masco division: Delta Faucet Company 7. * Masco location: INDY
8. * Telephone number: (317)848-0787 9. * E-mail address: email@example.com
10. * Conception Date: 12/9/2008 11. * Written description date: 5/25/09
12. * Shared with anyone (non-inventor)?: 13. Who shared with?:
14. * Sample or prototype?:
15. If so, who made it, how and when?:
SLA model only, which was sourced through our model shop.
16. * Invention for sale or sold?: 17. If so, when?:
18. * Do you plan to publicly disclose invention?: 19. If so, when do you plan to disclose?:
20. Who approved public disclosure?:
21. * What is the purpose of your invention?: The locking nut allows you to quickly install a faucet with one hand to a sink deck without having to thread a nut entirely up the length of a shank.
22. * How does your invention achieve its purpose?: The locking nut provides a guick and easy mounting system for a faucet without the use of tools.
23. * Specifically describe how your invention works: The installer would take the nut and slide it over the shank until the nut touches the bottom of the deck. Then they would lock the nut to the shank by squeezing arm members of nut together which cause the teeth of male arm member to engage to teeth of female...