a new application oriented omni-channel UI approach for Web development
Publication Date: 2014-Sep-15
The IP.com Prior Art Database
This disclosure describes a new methodology for web2.0 application development, as there are many web dev library/solution in the world, and each one has its own advantages and disvantages, to rely on one solution/library is not good enough for our web app dev. But different solution/library together is always have lots of compatible issues. So this disclosure demostrate a new way to have our solution/library in a widget/function granularity, build the web app using different widget/component together, each widget/component has its own html/js/css for UI and has its own encapsulation way for performance, the web app is consist of these widgets/components.
Page 01 of 8
a new application oriented omni
a new application oriented omni-
As web2.0 technic becomes popular nowadays, there are plenty of solution/library in web2.0 dev e.g. dojo, jquery, YUI..., even different platform have different library e.g. extjs(desktop), jqtouch(mobile) etc... but each library has its advantage and disadvantage, it is always hard to achieve our goal of the web app using one library, so to make a best solution which can take advantage of all these solution/library will be a necessary approach.
Below are some well known issues:
1. using one solution/library can not well match all of our web app requirements, but require more than one solution/library in one page always result in too much duplicated/redundant code.
2. different solution/library are hard to working together, e.g. different API, different lifecycle, different communication, different theme, different device support ....
Currently there are several commonly used ways:
1. try to select the best one for our web app, make use of the existing widgets and extend the functionality to match web app requirement
2. import different solution/library in one page, and use them separately.
However, all of them have obvious shortages and doesn't well address the challenge:
1. These is no best choice of existing solution/library, and the extension work cost lots of effort.
2. hard to make them working fine together, and bad for performance.
This invention provide a new way to build our web2.0 app, it described a omni-channel solution for different existing web2.0 solution, which aimed at make the best use of different solution/library together to build our web appp. The whole web page can be constructed by different top10 widgets from different solution/library, e.g. treemap from dojo, hash navigator from jquery, and even Carousel widget from wink(mobile) ... This approach can help us to build the
web app using the best suitable powerful widget together with little effort.
The main point of this disclosure includes:
1. break the integrated solution/library into widget/function granularity, and build/release them as different functional module(js/html/css together).
2. unify their core/util API and module's lifecycle/interaction, and make corss solution/library consistent theme(lessx).
This new methodology have following advantages:
1. can take f...