Method and system of self-adapted software patching based on patch route
Publication Date: 2015-Jun-03
The IP.com Prior Art Database
This article introduces a method of applying software patches self-adeptly(automatically) based on a "Patch Route" database. The “Patch Route” database records the order of error occurred and available patch, the sequence of applying patch and referred times.
Page 01 of 5
Method and system of self
Method and system of self-
--adapted software patching based on patch route
adapted software patching based on patch route
When an error occurred in a system with superficial message, it is difficult for supporting technician find the root cause and solve the error timely by a accurate patch. We may finally fix the original error by applying several patches along with subsequent errors raised. And the system can not find and apply the patches automatically.
To solve this problem, we invent a method to enable system to find and apply proper patches whenever an error occurs.
The core idea is described as below:
1. Set up a "Patch Route" database to record the order of error occurred and relevant patches, also record the subsequence of applying patch and referred times.
2. Apply software patches self-adeptly(automatically) based on patch route database, set referred times as priority for the same route of error.
3. Backup snapshot like a stack during apply patch in route, restore and choose another patch route when patch failure.
4. Try to create new patch route automatically by using the latest patch of a error.
5. Record failing patch route and attempts in "Failure Route" database waiting for fix.
Page 02 of 5
We utilizes a patch route server to record the error information and related/verified patches. Whenever an error occurs, the system automatically connects to the patch route server to find, download and apply the patches in sequence according to the error information(for example: exception number, key words in error message).
1. Create a table to map record error information
(for example: Exception Number, Tag) and available patches on patches server.
Exception ERR0104, BMP file, unknown format
Page 03 of 5
Exception ERR0109, Stack, Overflow
2. Sometimes, another different error may occur after fixing one error. We use "Patch Path" to track the sequence of applying the patches. For example, after ErrCode1003 is fixed, ErrCode1004 occurs, after ErrCode1004 is fixed, ErrCode1005 occurs, the failure completely disappea...