System and Methods to effectively manage IM notifications based on analyzed criteria
Publication Date: 2016-May-12
The IP.com Prior Art Database
System and Methods to effectively manage IM notifications based on analyzed criteria focusing on endusers requirements.
Page 01 of 4
System and Methods to effectively manage IM notifications based on analyzed criteria Instant Messaging applications etc have become an integral part of our day to day communication.
Rather, these have become an integral part of our life. So in case of whatsapp, we receive loads of message from groups and individuals. At times we are chatting with an individual and the chat sequence is not an immediate sequential communication pattern. This kind of delayed response session might be due to the users' availability. Suppose we are searching for a job and chatting with few friends over whatsapp. Now, as this is very important for you, any notification which informs you about a message received, you jump to whatsapp and figure for the required message response. What happens? Many a times you end up receiving a forward in some group, an unwanted ping , etc.
Moreover, your gadget plays an important role here - Your battery, you disk space, volume, etc. There is not easy solution today to cater to a notification based on user defined or system defined criteria.
We propose a system which would allow the user to manage his notification based on his defined criteria or using the system defined criteria.
1. Manage IM group(s) notification based on Analyzed criteria focusing on enduser requirements.
2. Auto facilitating of notifications management based on analyzed criteria focusing on client / device status.
Lets see how should we look at the Provisions:
>. Manage IM group(s) notification (ON/OFF) based on Analyzed criteria focusing on end user requirement.
- Criteria can be based on priority - Criteria can be user driven like user opts for a setting to receive only interactive messages and no forwards within a group
- Criteria can be based on user's current focus chat instance
- His / Her most frequent used / interacted group / user
- Receive only forwards from groups which interact the most
>. Auto facilitating of notification (ON/OFF) based on analyzed criteria focusing on client / device status.
- Status refers to Battery -- Handling notifications for different groups, users, within group, etc based on battery life.
- Disk size -- Will auto download forwards only from the groups which the user frequently interacts or checks for. It would analyze the download size and based on that criteria would be decided.
- Compatibility -- video clip received but if there is no relevant application on device to play that, then avoid notification.
Lets understand more based on these scenarios:
User driven :
Suppose we are searching for a job and chatting with few friends ov...