Cognitive product sales advisor
Publication Date: 2017-Jun-02
The IP.com Prior Art Database
TITLE: Cognitive product sales advisor 1. Background
Number of software products offered by different vendors is overwhelming for customers.
1) Client does not know what product to buy to fulfill their needs and multiple sales people who are in
contact with customer are frequently concentrated only on the products they sale, not necessary on
what product would be best for customer.
2) Nowadays server software infrastructure is so big and complicated that it is really hard to track the
actual state and even more difficult to predict the future software and hardware needs.
3) Client is frequently not aware about approaching End Of Support (EOS) date for their software and
Disclosed idea solves all above problems by implementation of Cognitive Sales Advisor extension as a
part of software asset management solution.
2. Summary of Invention
The core idea is to extend Software Asset Management solution with Cognitive Sales Advisor which
leverages its current and historical data to help customers in software and hardware procurement.
SAM solution already gathers all necessary information about customer and his environment which is
needed for Cognitive Sales Advisor to solve above mentioned problems. It can easily create a customer
profile (size of a company, industry, growth rate) based on analysis of SAM solution data such as
deployed software, hardware and their use.
Based on company profile, it can suggest :
1) What software can benefit customer right now (based on profile comparison)
2) What software will they need in future (based on profile comparison, growth rate and software
3) What hardware will they need in future (based on profile comparison, growth rate and hardware
4) What software needs to be replaced soon (based on deployed software information)
All of above information will be provided to customer as customized report, which will help them make
better and more informed decisions in their hardware and software procurement planning. Currently
such customized reports are created by specialized consulting companies and that is neither cheap or
1. SAM gathers client data as usual. SAM receives updates; quarterly updates are enhanced by...